TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I would think you need to remove the "bell housing"
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I would think you need to remove the "bell housing"

Posted by 604Zed on November 07, 2016 at 5:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 371 times.

In Reply To I would think you need to remove the "bell housing" posted by itsa300zx on November 07, 2016 at 04:49 PM

Message we were concerned about, and not knowing if bearings are impressed into the sides of the front portions of the bell housings. Do you know? IF they are impressed, swapping bell housings could be useless, not knowing which bearing is faulty. We weren't going to get into unpressing and repressing bearings. Also the transmissions being heavy, smearing the liquid type gasket, and not getting the perfect seal could be possible...

I found a semi retired guy that has access to a milling machine. HE knows what I want, and said anything was possible. He wanted to take a closer took at it to see how he was going to harness it, etc. He guessed the cost would be $50 :) but I expect it be maybe more.

I guess what I'm asking... is this the answer, getting the starter mount professionally milled by 1/8". IF I can find someone who is able and willing to do this.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.